findmypast logo

Topic: Power family from kilmacthomas

Add reply

Posts Date

Can anyone help me. I have found my ancestors going back too the 1901 cencus. How can. I research further back. Looking for parents of either ellen mooney c1861 married 1880 too michael power c 1835 living at dunabrattin annestown parish of kilmacthomas

30 December 2013 17:38
by Dawn Gorman

A civil marriage cert would answer half of your question and give you father's names, along with some other details that could help. The references for that likely marriage are a follows :

Ellen Mooney / Record type Marriage / Quarter & Year / Oct-Dec 1880
Registration District Kilmacthomas / Volume 4 / Page 307

(Kilmacthomas is the registration district, the civil parish for Dunabrattin is Kilbarrymeaden, and the RC parish probably Rossmore, which is sometimes listed as ''Rossmore & Kilberrymeeden' or 'Newtown & Kill')

A research cert should show the basic details such as date and place of marriage, name of the bride and groom etc, and also father's names, occupations, current residences of the bride and groom and also names of two witnesses. Research certs from the GRO cost €4 once you include the references above. You can download the order form from the following link : http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Apply-for-Certificates.aspx

31 December 2013 17:48
by Shane

MODIFIED:
31 December 2013 18:34
by Shane