findmypast logo

Topic: Frizelle, Wexford

Add reply

Posts Date

My great grandfather came to america but was born in Wexford Ireland Born 28 March 1866 . His name was Nicholas J Frizelle.looking for relatives

13 January 2014 03:37
by shannon slaughter

are you certain that the Nicholas Frizelle born in New Ross on the date you mentioned went to the US ?

It looks to me as though he married and died in Co. Wexford and also appears on the 1901 and 1911 census in Ireland

13 January 2014 08:47
by Shane

Hello Shannon,

Did you find out about your great grandfather?

I happened across your question by chance whilst googling info on a letter written by my granny's brother Nicholas JAMES Frizelle (New Ross c1878) - probably the individual identified by Shane in his reply.

But he had an older brother Nicholas JOSEPH Frizelle born at the same address in 1864. In my personal family history, it notes that he was married to Alice F Ferris on 10 Feb 1886 in Chatham County, Georgia, USA.

If he's your grandfather I can tell you his parents were Patrick Frizelle & Joanna Roche, and have a sketchy family tree dating from Sutton Frizelle (1717-1763)... and was obviously my granny's (great grandmother) brother.

Since I knew my granny as a child, I have a bit more info and a few "wild" tales, so by all means get back to me. You can contact me directly through my website at www.marshall.ie

Le meas
David/Dáithí
Skerries

13 November 2015 21:49
by Dáithí

My Great Grandmother was Margaret Frizelle and was the daughter of Patrick Frizelle & Joanna Roche. She married James Field and moved to Derbyshire. Do you have any info on Margaret?

18 April 2016 07:20
by Terry Condio