findmypast logo

Topic: Annie Monahans daughter

Add reply

Posts Date

Hi I am trying to fulfil the wish of my partners elderly mother. She wants to trace the family of her birth mother. She is 88 years old and in ill health so time is of the essense. I hope someone can help. Someone called Carmel previously posted a similar request for a lady in her eighties wishing to trace the same mother. The mother was Annie Monahan and we believe she resided at 5 Prospect Square, Dublin and that she was born in 1907. Her parents being Christopher Monahan and Margaret (nee Mulvany). They married in the Balrothery district and according to 1911 census they lived in Arran Quay In Flynns cottages. X Annie's sisters were Mary Susan and Margaret and brothers John and Joseph. If anyone can help me I would be obliged. New at this. Regards, Suzanne

02 June 2018 10:39
by Suzanne Fitton

Hi, just had a quick look on https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords, this is a free website and can't find an Annie Monaghan born to a Margaret Monaghan nee Mulvany, but there is a Margaret Monaghan nee Walsh, are you sure you have the correct name - the DOB for Annie is either 20th or 30th April 1907.

Regards
Sarah

25 June 2018 15:07
by John Joseph Green

Hi there,
I have a relative called Anne Monahan b1945 who lived in Prospect Square, Glasnevin. Her divorced husband still lives there. Her father was John Monahan and came from the Bridge Street Tullow, Carlow area. John Monahan married Anne Scarrfe
You can see Ann's birth certificate here.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/photos.geni.com/p10/12/dd/9a/20/534448383e685f06/img964_original.jpg
You can search on geni.com.
Maybe this will help?
Treovr
Thanks,
Trevor

09 August 2018 02:17
by Trevor Clowry

Hi Trevor. That is 15 years after my partners mum was born. It is all cery confusing. Do you have any further details. Could you ring me at all?

23 September 2018 16:49
by Suzanne Fitton

Hi Sarah

Not sure of anything to be honest. I will check it out. Thanks

23 September 2018 16:52
by Suzanne Fitton